NHS Managed Services
Retinue is the leading provider of Managed Service to the NHS. Working with NHS Trusts across the UK, we are perfectly positioned to deliver up to 33% in direct cashable savings to your organisation.
Cash releasing savings are delivered through a blend of better use of substantive workers, VAT efficiencies and a structured approach to using agencies.
Request case study information from our NHS relationship management team today.
With £20 billion savings to be found by 2014/15, the NHS is facing the worst financial situation ever experienced, according to the NHS Confederation. NHS pricing authorities will require all providers to deliver another 3.8 per cent in efficiency savings next year - the challenge is not diminishing.
Whilst the largest savings have been found through clinical productivity and workforce management, NHS Trusts recognise that the savings must be sustainable and front line care and compliance cannot be compromised.
With as much as 60% of NHS budget being spent on staffing (ONS) one of the key challenges that Chief Executives and senior HR stakeholders face this year is how to deploy a cost effective staffing strategy; maximising the Trust’s substantive workforce, reducing reliance on expensive agencies and improve productivity whilst consistently delivering front line care.
The secondary challenge is achieving visibility and control of expenditure in this area. Without understanding the detailed challenges and embedding usable control mechanisms, the objectives above cannot be met.
We can support you in achieving this and much more.
Retinue is an experienced managed services provider, delivering on average 24% savings from your flexible staffing spend through a managed model viewed as a panacea in the ability of NHS Trusts to blend use of their substantive workforce with flexible agency staff.
We will work with you to minimise VAT costs, manage VAT risks and ensure you have efficient VAT recovery processes.
Managed Services Overview
A managed service is the transfer of day-to-day operational responsibility for delivery of a service as part of a strategy for improved effective and efficient front line services.
Recruitment managed service providers will often proclaim to be either a master vendor or neutral vendor. Rather than limit our offering, at Retinue we simply work on the following best practice procurement and supply principles:
- To procure and manage a supply chain you must be distinct from it
- Creating a direct supply (staff bank) route is lower cost than relying on third party agencies
- Best value depends on leveraging either economies of scale or generating competition between suppliers
- All supply routes and models must be reviewed holistically and blended for best value
- Cost savings must be 100% quantifiable so that budget reductions are easy to calculate
And the following best practice recruitment and resourcing principles:
- Getting the right person, to the right place, at the right time and it is crucial to the delivery of front line services
- A single point of contact is critical for knowledge of departments and requirements
- Suppliers must have specialist knowledge of practice areas whether within medial staffing or across AHP’s, health sciences or nursing
- Compliance and risk management is critical
For more details on our audit process, that will allow you to rapidly understand current state or to discuss a range of procurement routes including managed solutions and staff banks, contact one of the dedicated NHS relationship management team today.
If you are looking for exceptional service levels and support from our recruitment consultants, then contact us today.